Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ran a 5k today.

This lovely morning with lots of bright sun and just a cool, crisp chill in the air I went to a 5k race. The race was in memory of a family friend who died a year ago. About 250 people came out to run this morning at 10:00 am. It was a special time.

(That's me on the left)

A 5k is 3.1 miles. I came in 69th out of 248 participants with a time of 28:39.

My goal was just to finish the race today and run the entire time, without stopping. I did. The past few months I have been getting back to running slowly, while allowing my bones to heal of their fractures. I can run almost every day now. I feel so free and alive to get out and run.

I am not into being competitive. I run alone almost always and not for speed or awards. But I would definitely do a 5k race again - just for the challenge and excitement of running with others for a cause and fun, to boot. Sites like getmeregistered.com and runningtime.net list upcoming local running events.

Today I was fueled by coconut water, honeydew melons, dates, and banana smoothies.

I am thankful to be able to participate in the event today and all its moments. Seth, that was for you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment