Monday, May 17, 2010

Pranayama.

Something new I am learning is different meditations and breathing techniques. Usually I watch videos of them. Then I observe how I feel during and afterward. Today's breathing technique was from this video - the Full Yogic Breath. I am starting off with basic techniques.



Starting in a seated position, with good posture and chin slightly dropped, breathe into the abdomen for four counts, next into the ribcage for two counts, and then into the chest for two counts. Now retain the breath. Hold it for as long as you can. When you feel the need to breathe, begin by exhaling from the chest and ribcage for six counts, and then from the abdomen for two counts.

It is pretty intense. After one yogic breath I would take a few deep breaths, before doing another yogic breath. Ten minutes passed in the blink of an eye.

During this breath I felt very aware. I also felt a strange feeling, as if I was a stick figure inside a human body. I felt aware of the body and energy fields surrounding me. Afterwards, I felt positively high like there was glitter in my veins instead of blood. I would love to start and end my day this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment