Monday, May 10, 2010

Our choices, ourselves.

I don't think our choice of diet is really about the food. It's more of a reflection of ourselves, and how we feel inside. My food choices mirror my inner state. That is why I like to record them here from time to time. I would like to do it daily if possible.

From my experience, when in a dense mood we may crave dense food. When in pain, we may crave foods that hurt us. When feeling confused, we may crave complex foods. Our food choices match our energy. But food will never be the answer to problems, nor will it help solve them. It can only offer a temporary distraction, until ready to stop distracting ourselves.

We all have, or have had, these things we use to distract ourselves. I guess, being born as an American female, I have chosen food (among other things). But I can change that.

What would happen if we truly felt good, at peace, and loved ourselves? Maybe the lightest of foods, fruit, juices, or perhaps nothing at all would be required. That may not be scientific, but that is what I believe.

Last week I really had too many high-fat foods: avocados, coconuts, pistachios and tahini. By now I should know better than that. Because of this my energy is low, my skin is dull and my hair is dirty. Love vibrations are still coming through strong, though. This week will be just tangerine juice, all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment