Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hello again.

It has been a while since writing last. I took a few weeks to do some personal work on writing, and expanding thoughts and mind. But I have had lots to write about in my blog too. It's different when you are writing for someone else to read.

We have been snowed in today. I had plenty of time to finish my painting of Evi and start on another landscape painting.


I have still been feeling great on high fruit and some greens. But I have felt a change taking place lately. I have been eating kind of weird combinations - oranges, dates, bananas, sun-dried tomatoes, avocados, etc. all at the same time. Cooked food is not appealing, but I have not been able to stick with the simplicity of mono meals.

Maybe it is part of the detox process? Maybe I am absorbing the gluttonous energy of the people around me? Maybe I simply need to eat more fruit?

Something is not quite right, something is missing. And I am determined to find out what it is.

Today I was looking at pictures from just two years ago, when I was cooked food veg. There is a huge difference, not really good or bad, just different. Does everyone change that much in 2 years? For one I have lost about 20 lbs. or so. I looked happier then, but I feel much happier now. Maybe sometime I will put up pictures from back then.

But the major difference has occurred in my teeth. They used to be very white and straight and with thick and strong enamel. About a year ago I was eating lots of oranges and dates. I started having problems, that my teeth hurt and then they started becoming more yellow, and six months later they were very badly damaged. Now I am embarrassed to smile.

So I am not sure what to do about them. I have switched to using Toothsoap, started eating lots of greens, and thinking positive thoughts on behalf of my teeth. So far, there has been very little improvement.

I know that the body can take 5-10 years to rebuild itself after you switch to a raw food diet. So I am trying to be patient; this is not such a big deal. I just do not want them to get worse and for calcium to be leached from my bones as well. I don't like to have to worry. I trust in Natural Hygiene. That said, I have been paying close attention to my calcium: phosphorous ratio in my diet, which is what I was advised by a friend who was able to regrow his tooth enamel. He said it took him about a year. Patience.

Today:
1 pineapple
8 navel oranges
10 dates
3 large collard leaves
soup made from 1 orange, 3 roma tomatoes, 5 sundried tomatoes, 5 dates, and lots of spinach.


(it was very good)

I bought many oranges. I would like to try at least one mono-day on them this week.

At this time I have backed off from running. I used to really love it but for the past few weeks I have not felt like running at all (could be the snow, or maybe I was overdoing it). When I feel drawn to it again I will start back up. But have been doing yoga classes and dancing, and feeling great doing that.





Okay that was a lot of writing. More topics later. Thanks for reading ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment