Monday, January 4, 2010

Luminocity.

It was such a snowy day. I stayed inside painting mostly.

This is one painting I have been working on, of row houses found in certain parts of the city. I have always loved the way those houses look, but never been inside one. There are many houses like this here. The painting is not finished yet, so I will post another photo afterwards (soon), but the right side still needs more details. It is a work in progress, and an oil painting.


This is the picture it was inspired by. Neat houses, huh?


Today I also worked on a chalk pastel drawing. This I really enjoyed - working quickly with the medium to capture the essence of an image. Very different from the oil painting, which is a very detailed and long process. It is also not finished yet, but I'll fix it up tomorrow.


I had a pineapple, 2 red grapefruit, 4 fuji apples, and some khadrawy dates from Bautista Family - so good.

Also learned how to drive a stick shift on my way home from work! Well I wouldn't say learned, exactly, more like practiced. But whatever.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful sublimation of the photograph ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xerxes! Good to see you, thanks for reading ♥

    ReplyDelete